by Beauty Editor
created 7 months ago
Every woman wants to have long locks like Disney princesses or Goldilocks. Indian women in particular are very fond and passionate about their flowy tresses. The most scary thing then to a woman is hair fall and hair loss. Maintaining a proper hair care routine in conjunction with a good diet is what preventing hair fall is all about. So today, we bring you the ultimate cheatsheet for the proper hair care routine to stop hair loss.
1. Ascertain the cause: Hair fall can occur due to several causes. Heat, pollution, menopause, hormonal imbalance, diabetes and even improper diet. Before you embark on a hair care routine, you must first correct any or all of these problems.
2. Back to the basics: Hair like any bodily organ needs proper nourishment. Therefore your first step in a good hair care routine should be oiling. Oiling nourishes the hair follicles and helps the roots retain moisture. Now an everyday oiling routine like your mother used to enforce as a child, may not always be possible, therefore trichologists recommend oiling your hair for at least half an hour every 3 days.
3. Shampooing, for cleansing: Just like your face needs a facewash to cleanse it; your hair needs shampoo. Like skin too there are multiple hair types, dry, normal and oily. For each one of these types a specific kind of cleansing with a specific shampoo is required. Shampooing cleanses your hair of all the dirt, grime and other pollutants that could cause hair fall. So regular shampooing, as per the instructions on the pack, and washing with lukewarm water are highly recommended.
4. Conditioning, for nourishment: Clean hair is good, but nourished hair is excellent! Once you’re done getting rid of the dirt and pollution, treat your hair to a gentle conditioner. What this in effect does, is that it softens, hydrates and nourishes the hair and leaves it feeling shiny, adds volume and detangles it. Conditioners are of various types and must be used according to your hair type.
5. Blow dry, don’t wipe: Wiping your hair with your bath towel weakens the follicles. If you must wipe, use a cotton towel with a high thread count. It is however advisable to blow dry your hair on a low to medium setting. Blow drying let’s the water on the hair surface evaporate without damaging the roots and uprooting the follicles.
6. Leave on conditioners: Fact is that soft and nourished hair is the easiest to comb. Using a leave on conditioner, after blow drying your hair will make it soft and manageable, therefore less prone to breakage. A simple brush or comb through your conditioned hair is all it will take in order to leave your hair feeling pampered.
7. Mousse, if you must: When heading out, you may want to try a new hairstyle, hair mousse rather than hairspray is the better option because it doesn’t dry out your hair.
8. Eat, sleep, manage stress: While this isn’t really a ‘hair care routine tip’, since stress and poor diet are the leading causes of hair breakage and hair loss, practising yoga and eating a balanced meal are recommended. Also ensure that you manage to get 6-8 hours of undisturbed sleep, your hair and skin, will definitely thank you for it! Long locks are every woman’s dream and as such they are within your grasp, simply follow these easy tips and tricks and you’ll see a significant reduction in hair fall in no time!
Login to discover beauty like never before.
We will never share your personal information with anyone, ever.
if you have forgotten your password,
we can send an email with instructions to reset it.
Please enter valid mail
If the e-mail address you entered is associated with a customer account in our records, you will receive an e-mail from us with instructions for resetting your password.
If you don't receive this e-mail, please check your junk mail folder or visit our Help pages to contact Customer Service for further assistance.