Busy schedules don’t allow us spending hours for skin care. We end up pushing our skin care routines for lack of time and find our skin paying the price for that.
If your mornings are super busy, don’t skip the routine. Work your way around it. Because lack of skin care can result in acne breakouts, dull skin, premature ageing etc. An easy skincare routine for busy women is what every one of us needs! Here we have put together a few tips to help you make the best of your busy days and make time for a bit of skin pampering as well.
Skin Care Routine In The Morning:
- Wash your face every morning: A gentle cleanser to get rid your skin of all the dirt, oil that has accumulated on the skin overnight and make you feel bright and refreshed.
- Toning is important too: Quickly swipe a cotton pad dabbed with toner across your skin and see how it cleans up residue that your facewash leaves behind.
- Don’t skip moisturizing: Pick a multipurpose product which will provide sun protection, hydration and will also act as a foundation.
- Choose the right makeup: Treat your skin well by using quality cosmetics that are non-comedogenic (essentially, something that won't clog pores and/or otherwise make your skin more breakout-prone).
Skin Care Routine For The Day:
- Eat a good breakfast: Believe it or not, treating your skin right in the morning is also about your diet! Start the day with berries. Blueberries, strawberries and raspberries all contain vitamins C and E, which are terrific for your skin.
- Resist the temptation to touch your face: This is a very important step. You can transfer countless bacteria from your hands to your face just by simply touching it.
- Keep a facial spray or wipes handy: Choose a facial spray with hydrating ingredients, this keeps your skin supple & moisturied.
- Sunscreen , whenever on the go: Here’s something you should follow like a commandment. Healthy skin’s greatest enemy is the sun. Wear a sunscreen at the beginning of the day and you’ll never regret it. Remember, higher the SPF or Sun Protection Factor, the better it is for you!
Skin Care Routine At Night:
- Makeup Remover: If you wear make up, the first step is to use a quality make-up remover to remove make up.
- Facial Cleanse: Gently massage the cleanser into the skin. Wash your face and neck thoroughly with warm water and the cleanser.
- Eye Cream: Because there are no oil glands around the eye, using an eye cream on the skin around the eye will replenish the skin and reduce puffiness and dark circles. Gently apply the cream under and around the eye.
- Lip Care: Gently wash your lips with warm water on a soft cloth. This will remove any dry and dead skin. Apply a lip balm to soften and heal chapped lips.
- Moisturizer: Use a quality moisturizer that will not irritate the skin. An all natural organic moisturizer is a good choice because they do not contain any chemicals or harsh additives.
- Don’t forget your night creams.
Additional Skin Care tips for Busy Women:
- Exfoliate : Our skin is constantly renewing itself and shedding dead skin cells. As we age, the rate at which our cells turn over, slows down and as a result our skin becomes dry and dreary. Exfoliation can speed up this process and produce a brighter skin tone. Our skin does not need to be exfoliated daily. However, make sure to exfoliate at least twice a week. To save time, scrub your face (for 30 seconds) in the shower itself. Then follow it up with toning and moisturizing.
- Applying Face Pack : You can always apply your face pack while you are getting your breakfast or lunch ready. Though it is always advised to relax with a face pack on, but when you are pressed for time, it’s okay to bend the rule a bit. Just stay composed and calm while doing the chores with your face pack on.
Here are some handy skin care tips:
- Consume plenty of water is a must for glowing, healthy skin.
- Kick start your day by sipping warm water and lemon juice. It works as a great detoxifier.
- Beauty sleep, yes that’s a thing: Let yourself sleep for anywhere between 6 to 8 hours.
- Avoid caffeine post 7 and you should be good and ready to hit the hay by 10 or so.
- Apart from carrying sunscreen and facial wipes, keep a moisturizer and lip balm in your bag, especially if you are working in an AC environment.