For many people, the cold clear days of winter bring more than just a rosy glow to the cheeks. They also bring uncomfortable dryness to the skin of the face, hands, and feet. For some people, the problem is worse than just a general tight, dry feeling: They get skin so dry it results in flaking, cracking, even eczema (in which the skin becomes inflamed).
As winter approaches, everyone needs to buck up! Get your heavy lotions, body butter and thick creams out from your arsenal.
Treat skin with care and it will keep you happy, satisfied and glowing. Read on to know how you can help your skin with simple easy to follow skin care regimen.
For people with sensitive skin, this can mean inflammation, redness, flakiness and even symptoms of eczema at times. Fortunately, there are ways to protect your skin and keep it looking healthy.
- Moisturize well: Be sure to apply an emollient-rich moisturizer designed specifically for sensitive skin during the day.
- Avoid cleansers with salicylic acid: If your skin is acne-prone, avoid using medication-based cleansers or creams that contain salicylic acid. These will aggravate dryness and lead to inflammation. It is better to stick to milder cleansers to keep your pores clean over the winter.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking more water will give you a healthier appearance. It will also ensure that your organs are functioning properly. Water helps flush out toxins from your body and thus give you a clear, glowing complexion. Make sure that you drink at least eight glasses of water, daily.
- Do not forget to wear a sunscreen: Even if it's cloudy, the UV rays present in the atmosphere can damage your skin and cause pigmentation. Use a sunscreen with SPF content of 15 or above.
- Don't exfoliate too much: Avoid using scrubs and exfoliating masks that contain salicylic acid or glycolic acid. They can wear down your skin and make sensitive skin lose its natural protective barrier. See to it that you use a mild scrub if at all you need to exfoliate.
- Use a hydrating mask: Rehydrate and nourish your skin with an all-natural mask with homemade ingredients. This will help strengthen your skin and reduce the risk of inflammation.
- Wash your face with gentle ingredients. Another skin care prep comes from washing your face every day.
- Keep your smile happy, too. OK, we don’t mean your teeth, but it’s important to exfoliate your lips to get rid of all of the dry, dead skin
Handy Tips For Winter Care:
- We believe that keeping your skin healthy year-round requires good habits, good products and consistency.
- Maintain your skin care routine diligently even if your sensitive skin symptoms abate; this will help ensure that you don't end up back at square one.
- Take a smart, multifaceted skin care approach, your skin can look and feel great even when winter delivers its cold-dry stare.