Spirulina is a superfood with a remarkable ability to synthesize concentrated food efficiently.
- Spirulina is a superfood with a remarkable ability to synthesize concentrated food efficiently.
- It is loaded with 60% highly digestible protein.
- A low-calorie super green with an excellent amount of chlorophyll, vitamins, essential minerals, anti-oxidants including a slight concentration of essential fatty acids.
- Six reasons to take spirulina daily: 1.
- Its probably the best source of vegan protein.
- Spirulina is about 60% complete protein.
- Compare this to beef or chicken, which have approximately 25% protein each.
- Complete protein means that it contains all eight of the essential amino acids that our bodies require to thrive.
- It has 10 other non-essential amino acids that play important supporting roles in good health.
- Spirulina is rich in essential fatty acids (omega 3, 6 & 9).
- Especially omega 3, which plays a key role in preventing heart disease, lowering bad cholesterol, reducing the severity of arthritis, osteoporosis, depression and diabetes and much more.
- Fish is often touted for its omega content, but what is overlooked is the fact that fish get their omegas from algae such as spirulina.
- Spirulina is the highest known source of vitamin B12.
- It has approximately 3 mcg for every gram.
- Vitamin B12 is essential for the metabolism of every cell of the body, the production of red blood cells and the development of healthy nerve tissue.
- Its the highest known source of beta-carotene.
- Beta- carotene is a powerful antioxidant that our bodies convert into vitamin A.
- Vitamin A is important for healthy teeth, skeletal and soft tissue, mucous membranes, skin and eyes.
- High doses of vitamin A are toxic, but there is no known toxicity associated with beta-carotene when taken in whole food form.
- Spirulina provides minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, iodine, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, chromium, and potassium.
- It is enriched with important phytonutrients such as gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), chlorophyll, c-phycocyanin and other carotenoids including the powerful antioxidant zeaxanthin.
- Its easily absorbed by our bodies.
- Spirulina is a microscopic form of life that does not have the tough cell walls that are normally found in plant life.
- This means that it is extremely easy to digest, making all of its nutritional compounds highly absorbable into the body
Country of Origin : India