by Beauty Editor
created 1 year ago
Everyone deserves to look gorgeous, always. No one more so than the working woman. Women in the workplace need to make a statement with the way they present themselves as well as their competence at work. So for at least with the first, we have a cheatsheet to help you with. Here are our top makeup tips for the working woman.
1. Define yourself: As a smart, career oriented woman, your look must be a professional, yet feminine one. The best thing to do, is to not overdo anything. It is after all a place of business. The objective is to look feminine and professional. It is a fine balance, but one that can be achieved with ease.
2. The essentials: Make your office bag a portable makeup kit. Here’s what you’ll need: a good concealer, a bronzer, mascara, lip gloss. a tube of lipstick, a good cleanser and of course an eyeliner pencil. While this may sound like a lot to carry, a simple pouch will fit all these essentials and not take too much space.
3. Cleanse-tone-moisturise: Remember a makeup routine is complemented by a cleansing, toning and moisturising routine. Step one: Facewash. Step two: A scrub. Step three: Moisturiser. That’s literally how long it takes! A few minutes are a small price to pay for ideal skin!
4. Disguise it, conceal it: Any blemishes or marks can really look awkward. Concealer is your go to for this. Right before a presentation, use a little liquid concealer to even out the bumps or conceal the scars, and you’re ready.
5. It’s all in the eyes: Your eyes can add a touch of mystery to your look. Use either a simple eyeliner (stick to the basics, black is beautiful), or a subtle line of mascara to accentuate your eyes and it will make the right kind of impression.
6. Conservative is the way to go: A classy shade of either lip gloss or lipstick is all you need. Think light shades or matte finishes, nothing metallic or sparkly. The aim is to look as natural as possible and not overdo it!
7. What you need to avoid: Here’s the comprehensive list of things you will need to avoid. Dark shades of lipstick are a no-no. Similarly understated shades of either mascara or eyeliners are advisable, it is an office, not a party. Most importantly avoid heavy foundation, very often it cakes up and can look rather odd. Remember subtle is always more desirable. Nothing over the top!
8. Be confident: The ultimate makeup you need will always be confidence. Once you’re done with your quick fix, remember to simply look at yourself in the mirror and give yourself a quiet pep talk. Walk into the room like you own it and all will be well. Just because you’re at the workplace is no reason to be drab or boring.
Following these simple tips will help you strike the right balance between gorgeous and professional.What more? Discover outfits for women to match your gorgeous makeup!
Login to discover beauty like never before.
We are unable to log you in, Please try different login method.
We will never share your personal information with anyone, ever.
if you have forgotten your password,
we can send an email with instructions to reset it.
Please enter valid mail
If the e-mail address you entered is associated with a customer account in our records, you will receive an e-mail from us with instructions for resetting your password.
If you don't receive this e-mail, please check your junk mail folder or visit our Help pages to contact Customer Service for further assistance.